We are currently seeking a full-time Case Aide for the Refugee and Immigrant Services Program located in South Boston.
The Case Aide will assist with the case management of unaccompanied children (UC) reunifying with sponsors in Massachusetts. Under the direction of the program manager or a supervisor, prepare case files, schedule home visits, help UC and sponsors access mainstream services, and conduct follow-up or check-in calls with unaccompanied children and their sponsors. Follow all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Migration and Refugee Services (USCCB/MRS) program guidelines. Local travel may be required.
- Associate or Bachelor of Arts in the fields of human services, social work, sociology, psychology or education required. University degrees from native country may be considered.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required, native speaker preferred.
- Work experience with youth, immigrants, or refugees required. Prior experience with unaccompanied migrant children preferred.
- Experience using a trauma-informed care approach when working with individuals strongly preferred.
- Cultural responsiveness, commitment to racial justice, and ability to relate well and effectively in a multicultural and multilingual workplace with diverse client population is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
- Knowledge of public policies and impact on unaccompanied migrant children.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing, and writing skills; strong attention to detail; computer proficiency in MS Office, online learning platforms, and databases.
- Experience with virtual communication and meeting tools such as Zoom and WhatsApp.
- Must have valid U.S. driver’s license. Work travel may be required, thus insurance coverage and access to a reliable vehicle and/or public transportation is required.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9211. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.