We are currently seeking a full-time Case Manager for the Refugee and Immigrant Services Program located in South Boston.
The Case Manager will manage caseload of refugees from all regions of the world and in specific arrivals from Ukraine. Coordinate delivery of reception and placement services as outlined by the US Department of State Reception and Placement program and case management services as required by the Massachusetts Refugee Resettlement Program (MRRP). Work with refugees to encourage and support early employment. Participate in the planning and implementation of new initiatives to serve refugee populations. This position is based in Boston and requires availability for days, evenings, weekends, and overnights.
- A bachelor’s degree required; bachelor and master level degrees from native country may be considered.
- A minimum 2-3 years of experience working directly with refugees or immigrants in the U.S. or overseas.
- Bilingual English/Dari or English/Pashto required.
- Bilingual English and other languages spoken by refugee populations including Arabic, French, Haitian-Creole, Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, Somali, Spanish or Tigrinya, are needed.
- Knowledge of public policies and effect on refugees, migrants and entrants.
- Ability to work within the community and perform outreach duties, including the ability to do so while working remotely.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills with keen attention to detail. Computer proficiency with MS Office, e-learning and webinars, and experience with database systems.
- Experience with virtual communication and meeting tools such as Zoom and WhatsApp.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
- Cultural responsiveness, commitment to racial justice, and ability to relate well and effectively in a multicultural and multilingual workplace with diverse client population is required.
- A team orientated work ethic with good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be reliable, professional, patient and able to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Must be available and able to work during days, evenings, weekends and overnights.
- Must have valid U.S. driver’s license. Work travel is required, insurance coverage and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9189. No phone calls please.