We are currently seeking a full-time ESOL Level II Teacher for in the El Centro del Cardenal Adult Education Program located in Jamaica Plain.
The ESOL teacher is responsible for teaching ESOL 2 in the El Centro del Cardenal Adult Education Program. The program is a Tier One program among DESE funded initiatives in Massachusetts and an ESOL program model of success. It is a small intensive ESOL program offering 6 levels of instruction.
- A bachelor’s degree in TESOL/Applied Linguistics or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience.
- Strong working knowledge of educational theory and best practices for ESOL.
- TABE Class-E and BEST Plus certifications a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and compassionately, in a culturally competent manner, with students of a wide variety of backgrounds, skill levels, race and ethnicity with varying levels of English language skills.
- Competent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Committed to ongoing professional development.
- Commitment to Catholic Charities mission and goals.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please reference job 9194. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.