We are currently seeking a full-time Recovery Specialist to work at the Genesis II support program for women in recovery residential program located in Newton.
The Recovery Specialist provides supportive services and supervision to residents in addiction recovery. The Recovery Specialists is responsible for the oversight and safety of families and children while maintaining professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in social work, psychology or related field. Or, a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADAC) enrolled and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in an inpatient environment with individuals who have a history of substance abuse, mental health and dual diagnosis.
- Experience working with children, adolescents and families in a residential environment.
- Interest in supporting individuals in a caring and compassionate manner.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Proven knowledge administrating an EPI pen preferred.
- Prior de-escalation training and good critical thinking skills.
- Displays willingness and flexibility in learning new functions.
- Willingness to transport residents as needed.
- Good time management, typing, written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail.
- Must be available to work overnight and holiday hours and participate in shift coverage during inclement weather and emergency situations.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume. Please reference job 9123. No phone calls please. Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.