We are currently seeking a full-time Systems Navigator for the Family Shelters program located in Dorchester.
The Systems Navigator will provide Case Management support for both the St. Ambrose and Nazareth Family Shelters. The Systems Navigator will assist clients identify and successfully assess community resources necessary to reach self-defined self-sufficiency goals, improve their social determinants of health, and live self-directed lives. The Systems Navigator will assist with navigating complicated and interrelated systems and are the primary source of communication between the inter-disciplinary team and clients, acting as an advocate and guide.
- A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Social Services or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience working with clients in a residential program or recent successful internship with a Social Service agency or other residential program.
- Experience working with homeless population preferred.
- Skills to assess diverse clients ‘service priorities and to
- Good listening skills with proven de-escalation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish program goals. Ability to work independently and as a team player to accomplish program goals and assist clients.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Competent with computer use, Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good internet skills for researching program related information.
- Interest and ability to use online database for record keeping and reports.
- Must be able to lift, pull and/or push 25 pounds with and without supportive device.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail with excellent data collection and writing skills.
- A valid MA driver’s license with good driving record and the ability to drive the agency van.
- License and access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please reference job 9199. No phone calls please. Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.