We are currently seeking a full-time Vice President of Adult Education & Workforce Development. This position comes with the opportunity to work hybrid.
The Vice President of Adult Education & Workforce Development is responsible for providing strategic leadership for all aspects of this core service area which includes: programs directed at English speaking classes for adults; high school equivalent program; and job training programs focused principally on certified nursing assistants, home health aides, and IT technicians. The Vice President will work with leadership, staff, our partners and the community to establish and execute a strategic plan for this core service area.
- Graduate degree in Social Services, Education or related field preferred, seven to ten years post-graduate experience in human services or education
- Five years of supervisory and/or administrative experience
- Advanced knowledge of the programs within Adult Education & Workforce Development and the process to secure their funding from government and private sources
- A strong commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities of Boston including understanding and identification with the mission
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues, donors, volunteers and other business associates
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Keen writing, typing and self-editing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Excel
- Capability to organize, establish objectives and priorities to achieve goals
- Ability to work varied hours and days as needed to attend fundraising events, RCAB events where a Catholic Charities presence is needed, community functions and other position-related responsibilities
- Interest and ability to function independently and as part of a team
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel to agency programs and offices and external trainings and meetings
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9195. No phone calls please.