Catholic Charities St. Patrick’s Shelter in Somerville is looking for a Direct Care Relief Worker to join its team of dedicated professionals
The Direct Care Worker will be responsible for supporting the shelter's daily operation and maintaining a positive environment for clients and colleagues. The Direct Care Worker will be responsible for attending to resident needs as appropriate.
The Direct Care Worker will also be responsible for responding to emergency situations or general needs of the shelter, including mediating conflict when needed; provide supervision and assistance to assure all dining, cooking and food storage areas are cleaned properly and maintained in a safe and healthy manner; transport residents, volunteers, or complete program errands when needed.
· Qualifications include a High School Diploma or GED equivalent; prior experience working in a residential setting or with children is preferred.
· A minimum of 1year of prior experience working with homeless individuals or a combination of internship and work experience as related to homeless population and shelter work.
· Prior training and knowledge of de-escalation skills, substance abuse and mental health issues.
· Current CPR and First Aid certification.
· Must understand and maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a varied and occasionally difficult client population.
· Must possess ability to complete daily program documents.
· Strong organizational, listening and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
· Good written and communication skills.
· Competent computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Must be able to physically respond to situations quickly.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word Suite and Outlook.
· The ability to work flexible and/or rotating hours as needed.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference job #8001 in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We are equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.