The Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services Program in South Boston, has an opening for a full-time Staff Attorney to join its team of dedicated professionals.
The Staff Attorney will conduct consultations for persons seeking immigration relief or benefits. Represent clients before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Immigration Court. Prepare applications, petitions and supporting documentation. Mentor and supervise law students/ interns or pro bono attorneys as requested. Participate in community outreach and education activities.
The Staff Attorney will conduct consultations using predetermined intake guidelines.
Prepare appropriate applications, petitions and supporting documents to be submitted to the USCIS and/or State Department.
Represent clients before the USCIS and Immigration Court.
Prepare and file appropriate appeals, briefs and other legal memoranda.
Stay abreast of changes in immigration law, policy directives and related.
Work collaboratively with all immigration and program staff to achieve program's goals.
Adhere to internal immigration representation and case management guidelines.
Mentor and supervise law student interns and pro bono attorneys; coordinate assignments.
Participate in community outreach and educational activities.
Utilize Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc (CLINIC) for legal support and professional development.
Ensure the confidentiality and privacy of all client information. Maintain appropriate and professional boundaries/relationships with clients at all times.
Track and prepare case statistics and other program related data as required. Input case data into agency-wide case management database.
Perform work in an office environment and at public buildings.
Local travel as required.
Attend internal and external meetings and trainings as required.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Qualifications include a Juris Doctor from accredited law school in the US.
· Authorized to practice law. Admitted in MA preferred.
· Minimum 1-2 years immigration law experience required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
· Strong legal writing and communication skills.
· Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills including MS Office, familiarity with e-learning and webinars, experience with database systems.
· Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
· Cultural sensitivity and ability to relate well and effectively in a diverse workplace with diverse client population is required.
· A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle or access to reliable transportation.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service among many other generous benefits. We also offer onsite parking, and are accessible by public transportation
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference job #8010 in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We are equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.