The Catholic Charitable Bureau of the Archdiocese of Boston is seeking a full-time House Manager for the St. Ambrose Shelter Program located in Roxbury to join its team of dedicated professionals.
The House Manager is responsible for working closely with the Program Director and other employees to ensure a positive and safe environment for residents while ensuring the functions of the program are met.
• The House Manager will provide supervision and training for employees.
• Oversee the weekly inventory of food and supplies and shop as needed to ensure adequate resources.
• Responsible for menu planning, and employee training in accordance with the Department of Education guidelines.
• Monitor the Department of Education and Child and Adult Food Program.
• Maintain current and accurate documentation of program evening activities for volunteerism, meal preparation, resident chores and program meetings and trainings.
• Complete meal time menu weekly or as needed utilizing available food products in compliance with the Department of Education Guidelines.
• Assign residents chores, cooking assignments, lockers and cabinets and laundry room to residents as needed.
• Work in conjunction with the Direct Care II employee to organize and prepare resident rooms prior to move in date with bedding and supplies.
• Transport residents and volunteers as scheduled through the use of the agency vehicle.
• Participate in resident case reviews as needed.
• Keep informed of the program, Department of Housing and Community Development and Department of Transitional Assistance rules and guidelines as needed.
• Participate in the program on call rotation as scheduled. May be required to stay late or report to work beyond normal schedule.
• Understand and maintain professional boundaries with employees and residents.
• Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment as well as part of a team.
Qualifications include a Bachelors or Associate degree is required.
Knowledge of residential social services. Experience working with diverse and often difficult client populations.
A minimum of three years of prior experience supervising employees.
Willingness to teach direct care employees and volunteers daily responsibilities of the program.
A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel locally as needed.
Attention to detail with excellent written documentation, organizational and communication skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and other spread sheet applications.
The ability to bend squat and lift up to 20 pounds as needed.
Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service are among many other generous benefits.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Please reference job # 8013
We are an equal opportunity employer
No phone calls please