Our Child Care program located at Laboure Center in South Boston seeks a full-time Assistant Director to work with our dedicated team while providing a nurturing environment to our program participants.
The Assistant Director will:
- Assist the Director with administrative functions of the center to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Oversee employees while providing leadership in the development and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum and child assessment
- Serve in a teaching capacity to cover employee absences and maintain adequate child care coverage
- Assist the Director in developing and fostering parent participation in the program, which may include newsletters, social events, conferences, volunteer activities and parent council.
- A Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field. EEC Director II Certification
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in early education, teaching and administration. Some school age experience preferred
- Physical, mental and emotional ability to accomplish the job, including evacuating the building, with or without corrective devices and accommodations
- The ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds required.
We offer a very generous benefits package that includes up to 3 weeks of accrued paid vacation after one year of working service.12 paid holidays per year, paid sick time and 2 paid personal days. We have free parking and are within walking distance to the T and bus lines. We provide 2 professional days yearly and training for growth and development.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
To apply for this job, click here and reference job #9003.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.