Catholic Charities Family Child Care Center located in Lynn seeks a Bus Monitor.
The Bus Monitor is responsible for:
- assisting the driver in the transport of agency children as assigned
- the safety of the children while getting on and off and riding in the assigned vehicle
- taking attendance when children are boarding the bus and again when departing the bus
- positioning themselves on the bus to observe all passengers at all times to be sure they are following all safety rules
The Bus Monitor must be dependable and enjoy working with children and families. The Bus Monitor is accountable for the safety of the children while getting on and off, and while riding in the vehicle.
Applicant must be physically and emotionally able to accomplish the job and construct a calm and nurturing environment. The Bus Monitor must be capable of evacuating the passengers of the van, or building if necessary, with or without corrective devices and accommodations. The ability to read and write, to hear the conversational voice, to speak and be understood, and to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds is necessary.
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Knowledge of safe transportation practices
- Basic record keeping skills
- Ability to communicate with parents, children and staff orally and in writing
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
To apply for this job, click here and reference job #9040.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.