The Catholic Charities Basic Needs program, seeks a temporary Non-Medical Case Manager work at the Yawkey Center in Dorchester.
The Basic Needs Non-Medical Case Manager (NMCM) attends to People Living with HIV (PLWH) seeking social services coordination, benefit counseling, linkage to behavioral health and substance use connector, housing search and advocacy, and emergency financial assistance. The Case Manager meets with clients on a regular basis to assess clients’ needs, develop and implement stabilization plans, advocate for clients, and help clients organize their household goal towards crises resolutions. The Case Manager will provide a high level of services to PLWH to assist them with their ability to access needed resources and care to support viral suppression.
- Bachelor degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or Medical and Health Services
- Two years of prior experience working with PLWH required
- Master Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to express patience and compassion to all individuals in crisis or under personal stress
- Proficient typing and data entry skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong organization skills maintaining physical and electronic filing and record keeping
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint. Strong Internet skills
- Bilingual in English and Portuguese, Spanish, or predominant language in Greater Boston area
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for local travel
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
To apply for this job, click here and reference job #9053.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.