The Staff Attorney will conduct consultations for persons seeking immigration relief or benefits. Represent clients before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Immigration Court. Prepare applications, petitions and supporting documentation. Mentor and supervise law students/ interns or pro bono attorneys as requested. Participate in community outreach and education activities.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school in the US
- Authorized to practice law. Admitted in MA preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years immigration law experience required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong legal writing and communication skills
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills including MS Office, familiarity with e-learning and webinars, experience with database systems
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle or access to reliable transportation
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive offering 12 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service among many other generous benefits. We also offer onsite parking, and are accessible by public transportation.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
To apply for this job, click here and reference job #9055.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.