The Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston Child Care program located in Peabody, is currently seeking a full-time Group Leader.
The Group Leader will work with a team of staff members at the site that will provide care to children from the local community, and will be responsible for supervision and care of children in grades K- 8.
The Group Leader will:
- Be responsible for planning daily activities, snack, and homework help
- Meet EEC requirements for professional development hours completed each year, and enter them in the PQ Registry under the appropriate Core Competency
- Demonstrate willingness to work with colleagues as a team player
- Maintain a high standard of ethical conduct and professional responsibility, including confidentiality, to children, families, colleagues, the Agency and the community
- Physical, mental and emotional ability to accomplish the job, including evacuating the building, with or without corrective devices and accommodations, including the ability to read and write, to hear the conversational voice, to speak and be understood, and the ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds in an emergency.
- A minimum of a high school degree or equivalent or an Associate’s Degree
- Must have at least one year demonstrated experience working with school age children
- Knowledge of Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) Regulations, subsidy care, and Best Practices and quality standards in OST preferred
- Excellent communication skills (school administration, parents, staff & children)
- Experience working with diverse /children/youth and families between the ages of 5-13 years of age
- Must be pass Early Education & Care background record check (CORI/SORI/DCF), fingerprinting and three reference checks
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, First Aid and Medication Administration
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, two personal days at the beginning of each calendar year, and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service are among other generous benefits.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
To apply for this job, click here and reference job #9064.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.