The Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston Genesis II program located in Newton, is currently seeking a full-time residential Program Director.
The Program Director will oversee all operations of the residential program including employee supervision, fiscal management, day-to-day operations, and site management. The Program Director is responsible for compliance of program policy and procedure as pertains to state and contract regulations. The Director will oversee all trainings and events for employees and shelter guests and serve as the primary liaison between volunteer groups and events.
- a Bachelor’s degree in Social Service or a related field with a minimum of five years of direct care or related experience working in a shelter or residential program and a minimum of three years of experience supervising employees
- A working knowledge of shelter operations and residential program state regulations
- Proven skill and prior training and competency with crisis avoidance and de-escalation skills
- Competent leadership and decision making skills
- Demonstrated familiarity working with a diverse and often difficult client population experiencing barriers to housing stability
- Experience working with community resources and familiarity with the population being served
- Strong organizational ability with attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Interest and ability to work as a member of a team and independently
- Good communication, administrative, typing and computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work various hours on site and on call as required
- A commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities including understanding and identifying with the organizational mission
- Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 25 pounds
- A valid driver's license and good driving record are essential
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service among many other generous benefits.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
To apply for this job, click here and reference job #9071.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.