Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a full-time Out of School Time (OST) Child Care Director to be responsible for the operation and oversight of multiple school age Out of School Time programs located throughout Greater Boston and the North Shore communities including a seasonal camp located in Hull. The Child Care Director is responsible for supervising Out of School Time and Camp employees.
The Child Care Director will be responsible for the licensing and operation of multiple Out of School Time (OST) programs and day camp in accordance with the Department of Early Education and Care, both local and State of Massachusetts Departments of Public Health and following best practices of American Camping Association standards.
- Bachelor's degree in education, human services, recreation or business with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- A community focused professional with professional commitment to improving the lives of children of all backgrounds
- Proven experience successfully leading out of school programming and seasonal camps
- Ability to direct programs through skillful leadership and supervision of volunteers and employees
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience with the development and monitoring of budgets, program marketing and community relations, program development and fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to produce positive results in the areas of program development, SWOT analysis, participant retention, and assertion with challenging tasks
- Demonstrated ability in data-driven decision making
- Good technology skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Adept writing, typing and self-editing with keen attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for local travel
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs and fundraising events.
To apply for this job, click here and reference job #9075.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.