Job Code #9048
Catholic Charities St. Patrick’s Shelter in Somerville is looking for a Direct Care Worker to join its team of dedicated professionals
The Direct Care Worker will also be responsible for responding to emergency situations or general needs of the shelter, including mediating conflict when needed; provide supervision and assistance to assure all dining, cooking and food storage areas are cleaned properly and maintained in a safe and healthy manner; transport residents, volunteers, or complete program errands when needed.
· A High School Diploma or GED equivalent; prior experience working in a residential setting or with children is preferred.
· A minimum of one year of prior experience working with homeless individuals or a combination of internship and work experience as related to homeless population and shelter work.
· Prior training and knowledge of de-escalation skills, substance abuse and mental health issues. Current CPR and First Aid certification. Must understand and maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a varied and occasionally difficult client population.
· Must possess ability to complete daily program documents.
· Strong organizational, listening and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
· Good written and communication skills.
· Competent computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Must be able to physically respond to situations quickly.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word Suite and Outlook. The ability to work flexible and/or rotating hours as needed.
Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, two personal days at the beginning of each calendar year, and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service are among other generous benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:email@example.com. Please reference job #9048. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org