Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a full-time Vice President of Advancement to work at the office located in Braintree.
The Vice President of Advancement oversees and directs fundraising activities including creating and implementing a comprehensive Agency-wide strategy in coordination with leadership; creating and implementing an annual fundraising plan; and researching, identifying, cultivating and soliciting funds from public and private funding entities and individuals. The Vice President of Advancement develops Agency-wide long-range fundraising goals in alignment with Catholic Charities’ mission and strategic objectives and works strategically to achieve fundraising goals by executing plans and developing relationships with donors.
The Vice President of Advancement will create a culture of excellence in the Advancement Department by recruiting, mentoring and leading a team of highly skilled, dedicated fundraisers and operations experts. Demonstrate thought leadership, listening, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills, along with intellectual curiosity to seek continuous improvement and support a positive work environment.
The Vice President of Advancement will attend and present at Board of Trustees meetings and work directly with members on committees as assigned by the President. Attend and present at advisory board meetings as needed.
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience working in advancement/development with management, direct mail, annual fund, planned giving, capital campaign, and event planning experience
- Must have proven major gift fundraising experience
- Experience working with and motivating Boards and committees
- A minimum of 7.5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to write and communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy
- Budget management experience as well as strong planning, organizational and administrative skills
- A strong interest in building teams with goal-oriented outcomes
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues, donors and volunteers
- Highly skilled within Microsoft Office Suite, with particular strengths in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be computer and internet proficient, with the ability to learn CRM database. Raiser’s Edge database experience, a strong plus
- Ability to organize, establish objectives and priorities, achieve goals and meet deadlines
- A commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel to remote agency locations including donor meetings and events
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for travel
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job A01850. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org