Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a per diem Direct Care residential staff for the Brigid’s Crossing Family Services program located in Lowell.
The Direct Care Staff is responsible for assisting, overseeing and instructing residents with parenting skills and activities of daily living to ensure a safe and positive living environment. Direct Care Staff is responsible for maintaining confidentiality and professional boundaries at all times while fostering a positive and mentoring relationship.
The Direct Care staff must be alert and responsive to recognize and respond to emergency situations quickly, appropriately and effectively. The ability to transport residents as planned to various locations including all Service Plan related tasks is essential.
- An Associate’s degree with three prior years of experience working with adolescents in a similar environment.
- Current CPR and First Aid training certification
- Experience with de-escalation skills.
- Ability to work with diverse client population
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Bilingual, bicultural, Spanish, Khmer speaking ability preferred.
- Competent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, and Internet
- A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 10 pounds without assistance.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9092. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.