Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a full-time Safe Passage/Family Reunification Program Manager for the Refugee and Immigration Services Program located in South Boston.
The Safe Passages Program Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of daily operations for the Safe Passages Program. Supervise program staff and interns. Maintain a caseload of unaccompanied children reunifying with sponsors in Massachusetts. Responsible for assessing and documenting needs of clients. Conduct home or virtual visits as necessary with unaccompanied children and their sponsors, and follow all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) Department of Children’s Services (ORR/DCS) and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Migration and Refugee Services (USCCB/MRS) program guidelines.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field is required. Master level degrees from native country may be considered.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, native speaker preferred.
- Social work licensure or relevant work experience with immigrant youth, immigrants or refugees at a non-governmental agency or social service agency.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to work within the community and perform outreach duties.
- Prior experience with unaccompanied children preferred.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills including MS Office, familiarity with e-learning and webinars, experience with database systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to relate well and effectively in a diverse workplace with diverse client population is required.
- Must have valid U.S. driver's license. Work travel is required, insurance coverage and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9090. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.