Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a full-time Community Interpreter Customer Service Associate for the Refugee and Immigration Services Program located in South Boston.
The Customer Service Associate will process all administrative tasks such as data entry into the interpreter scheduling database, filing and perform other duties as assigned. The Customer Service Associate will schedule Interpreters for appointments and input relevant information into program database and respond to voicemail messages from customers and/or interpreters. The ability to provide quality customer service is essential.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required with a minimum of two years of experience working in a busy office environment.
- Or, an Associate’s degree with at a minimum of one year of experience working in a busy office environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Global Interpreter Platform and in-house scheduling software is a plus.
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and prioritize as needed.
- Good communication and customer service skills, including pleasant phone manner.
- Ability to function in fast-paced cross-cultural environment.
- Must be able to work independently and part of a team.
- Fluent English required. Bilingual ability a plus.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9089. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.