Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a full-time Healthy Families Home Visitor at the office located in Lynn.
The Home Visitor will assist young first-time parents through outreach, individual support, education, and referrals to appropriate community services, in order to promote the healthy development of their child and help them become the best parents they can be. The Home Visitor will also be responsible for working with parents to ensure that their children are up-to-date with all their medical appointments, immunizations, dental appointments, and developmental screenings; observe and document child growth and development with Healthy Families Massachusetts (HFM) tools; lead parent support groups; attend all appropriate training sessions, team meetings, staff and family meetings; and may need to work days, evenings and weekends based on caseload.
- Associate degree or equivalent advanced skill or experience.
- Experience working with target population and or infants and young children.
- Demonstrated knowledge about infant, child and adolescent development.
- Good listening and assessment skills along with the ability to identify family strengths and needs.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- A valid Massachusetts driver’s license, registration and safe driving record and a reliable vehicle for local travel as needed.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org