Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the Greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a full-time Housing Case Manager for the Nazareth Family Shelter program located in Roxbury.
The Housing Case Manager will assist families with securing safe and affordable housing and develop relationships and resources for housing such as realtors, landlords, housing assistance programs, and management companies. The Housing Case Manager will work with the Case Management team to educate and motivate families to address future planning and goal setting to enhance the family’s abilities to be successful in an independent setting.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and training with 3-4 years of prior experience working in a residential program.
- Experience and prior training with homelessness, substance abuse and mental health.
- Strong outreach and relationship building skills.
- Awareness and ability to set and maintain personal and professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with good decision making skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Internet skills.
- Bi-lingual ability is helpful.
- A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and good driving record.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9108. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.