Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well-respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the Greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking two (2) full-time Staff Attorneys for the Refugee and Immigrant Services program located in South Boston.
The Staff Attorney will conduct consultations for persons seeking immigration relief or benefits. Represent clients in a wide variety of matters before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Department of State, and Immigration Court, including preparing applications and petitions, drafting briefs and other legal memoranda, and attending interviews and hearings. Mentor and oversee law students/interns or pro bono attorneys as requested.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school in the US.
- Active bar membership; admitted in MA preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years in the practice of immigration law.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong legal writing and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills with keen attention to detail. Computer proficiency with MS Office, e-learning and webinars, and experience with database systems.
- Experience with virtual communication and meeting tools such as Zoom, WhatsApp, Webex and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
- Cultural responsiveness, commitment to racial justice, and ability to relate well and effectively in a multicultural and multilingual workplace with diverse client population is required.
- Must have U.S. driver’s license and reliable vehicle or access to reliable public transportation for work related travel.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 9107. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.