Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 160,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a part-time Clinician to work at our Brigid’s Crossing Residential program in Lowell.
The Clinician is responsible for coordinating all aspects of each residents clinical and social service needs while living at the Brigid’s Crossing Residential program. This includes individual and group therapy, medical and ancillary services and other referral to appropriate agencies.
The Clinician must have good organizational skills to maintain all appropriate documentation required by the Department of Children and Families (DCF). Be able to handle situational crisis in the program or out in the community and have an understanding of Adolescent Development and trauma informed care.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work, Education, Psychology, or a related field, from an accredited educational institution.
- Three to five years supervised social work experience in child welfare setting.
- Applicant must be licensed/license eligible in State of Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of Adolescent Development and the effects of trauma on development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse and occasionally difficult client population,
- Knowledge of residential social services helpful.
- Attention to detail with excellent written documentation, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience providing clinical services and/or treatment to children and families including assessments, diagnostic evaluations, counseling, individual treatment plans and psycho-educational groups
- Training in the Attachment, Regulation, and Competency (ARC) model preferred.
- Experience with conflict resolution and crisis prevention.
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
- Current CPR and first aid certification.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and other spread sheet applications.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural preferred.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 10 pounds without assistance.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with a good driving record. Willingness to travel locally as needed.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please reference job 9109. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.