Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well-respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking two (2) full-time Immigration Court Help Desk Paralegals for the Refugee and Immigrant Services Program located at Laboure Center in South Boston.
The Immigration Court Helpdesk (ICH) is a new initiative to provide assistance and legal information to unrepresented respondents in removal proceedings at the Boston Immigration Court. The purpose of the ICH is to inform respondents appearing before the court on court practices, procedures, and general information about options related to relief and protection from removal, and other relevant resources. The ICH Attorney will be integral to the development and implementation of this program.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree with 3-5 years relevant Paralegal experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Additional language skills in Portuguese and Haitian Creole a plus.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working with immigrant populations.
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking skills, and ability to present complex legal concepts to a lay audience. Ability to function in fast-paced cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and responsiveness, commitment to racial justice, and ability to relate well and effectively in a multicultural and multilingual workplace with diverse client population.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills with keen attention to detail. Computer proficiency with MS Office, e-learning and webinars, and experience with database systems.
- Experience with virtual communication and meeting tools such as Zoom, WhatsApp, Webex and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
- Access to reliable vehicle for work related travel as needed.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive and include a 403(b) savings plan and generous time off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please reference job 9118. No phone calls please.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.