Catholic Charities founded in 1903 remains among the largest and well-respected social service agency with programs and offices located in Boston and the greater Boston area.
As one of the largest providers of social service in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities of Boston offers over 70 programs and services in 23 locations around Eastern Massachusetts. From Lawrence to Brockton and Natick to Boston, our service sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts helped 175,000 of our neediest neighbors of all faiths last year.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist to work 30 hours per week at the program located in Brockton.
The Receptionist is responsible for maintaining reception desk coverage which includes answering incoming phone calls and greeting individuals upon arrival. The Receptionist is responsible for good representation both visually and personally while maintaining a high level of confidentiality for the agency, its clients and visitors.
- A high school diploma or HiSET equivalent is required with prior office experience working with the public and a multi-line business phone service.
- Good presentation and social skill to work with and assist individuals of all levels of experience and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to show patience and compassion to people in crisis or exhibiting signs of stress.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and make responsible decisions, maintain organization and manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Competent computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Internet applications.
- Bilingual ability is preferred. Haitian, Spanish and/or Cape Verdean Creole preferred.
- Friendly telephone and interpersonal skills.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Visit us at: www.ccab.org.