Pictured: Catholic Charities of Boston's Refugee and Immigrant Services clients with clothing and household items that were donated to them.
Catholic Charities of Boston's Refugee and Immigrant Services (RIS) division, which aids thousands of newcomers to this country each year with an array of immigration benefits, seeks donations of the following items to support our clients:
- New or lightly used sports equipment- including Frisbees, soccer balls, baseballs and baseball bats, footballs and basketballs- for our young clients to enjoy this spring and summer. We request all sports equipment donations by May 15, 2021.
- Two lightly used car seats—one for a 10-month-old and one for a 5-year-old
- A sewing machine
- Men's shoes in size 8
- Men's medium-size jacket
If you're interested in donating any of these items, please email Katie_Moss@ccab.org to discuss drop-off/pick up or if you have questions.
RIS also has a few volunteer opportunities for those interested in giving back. All interested volunteers should email Katie_Moss@ccab.org for more detail. Below are current volunteer opportunities:
- We are looking for a Spanish reader for an upcoming storytime event for our young clients.
- Volunteers requested for a kickball game with our clients on a Saturday this spring
- We are looking for a volunteer yoga teacher to lead a beginner's yoga class for our clients, either in-person or virtually. Bonus if you are bilingual!
- Volunteers are needed to help sort and organize donations at our Laboure Center—any day of the week.
Thank you for your willingness to help our vulnerable neighbors in need! Questions or Concerns? Please email Katie_Moss@ccab.org or call 617-464-8557.