- What is the difference between interpreting and translating?
- Interpreting is oral communication while translation is written
- How can we be guaranteed that any information shared will remain confidential?
- Our interpreters and translators are all HIPPA certified and follow a professional code of ethics.
- How far in advance do I need to book an interpreter?
- 48 hours is an ideal timeframe, however we do our best to accommodate all requests as we know there are sometimes urgent needs that come up last minute. With that said, please feel free to request an interpreter as early in advance as you like, as this will better guarantee an interpreter’s availability.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- If an appointment is cancelled 24 hours or more in advance of the appointment, there will be no change. If it is cancelled less than 24 hours before the appointment your agency will be charged for 1 hour of service
- If I have never used an interpreter before, what should I expect?
- We recommend setting up some time for our team to train you in how to work with an interpreter so that your appointment will run as smoothly as possible and we can prepare you for the session. Please contact us if interested.
- Can you provide equipment for simultaneous interpreting?
- Yes, we generally request 48 hours notice so that we can ensure receipt of equipment and test it before the appointment.
- What areas do you offer in person interpreting in?
- We currently offer interpretation throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, some of southern New Hampshire, some of Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
- Are your interpreters trained?
- Yes, our interpreters are generally experienced as well as certified from the many programs offered throughout the state.
- How do I become an interpreter?
- If you are interested in becoming an interpreter please send your resume to email@example.com. Please note that interpreters must have successfully completed the necessary interpreter training classes and have interpreting experience in order to be considered.
- Couldn’t I just use a free online translation tool?
- Online tools cannot produce accurate and quality translations. These tools convert text from one language to another by breaking down the material into small segments and individual words and translating them into the desired language using algorithms and pre-existing online translations. These tools do not understand or take into consideration grammar, context, register, and tone. Using our translation services ensures you receive an accurate, quality translation.
- Who will translate my document?
- Our translators are generally experienced as well as have training from translation certificate programs. Many are members of professional translation organizations such as the New England Translators Association and the American Translators Association. Based on your project’s needs, our staff carefully selects a translator or translators from our pool, taking into consideration important factors such as content and target audience.
- How do I obtain a quote for a translation?
- You can obtain a quote for a translation project by sending the materials and a completed request form to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 617-464-8151.
- What languages do you offer translation services in?
Written translation services are offered in numerous languages including , but not limited to, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Cape Verdean/Portuguese Creole, French, Haitian/French Creole, Hindi, Korean, Nepali, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Please call us at 617-464-8100 to inquire about your specific language needs.