My Loving Parents Program Seeks Volunteers to Engage with Children
Our My Loving Parents Program is looking for volunteers for our upcoming session of Parenting Education Support Group, a 8-week program of Merrimack Valley Catholic Charities. The next session begins on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017. The program meets weekly on Tuesdays from 10:00 am to 12:00pm at The Family & Community Resource Center, located at 530 Broadway Street, 3rd Floor, Lawrence, MA.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Assist in registering children’s weekly attendance to daycare;
- Ensure the safety of the children by providing direct supervision;
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities;
- Read to children and oversee activities (.e. games, painting, drawing, crafts, songs)
- Set-up and break-down play area after each session; and
- Assist with other organizational duties as needed.
Enjoy Reception/phone work?
Catholic Charities of Merrimack Valley Lowell office is looking for volunteer receptionists as administrative support to join our team of dedicated professionals. Shift times are Monday-Friday; 9AM-1PM and 1PM-4:30PM.
For many of our clients it takes courage to ask for help - seeing a friendly welcoming face when they enter our building can make all the difference! Tasks include welcoming guests as they enter the building, redirecting callers on an easy-to-learn system, data entry/intake for food pantry and other modest administrative support; training provided.
Willing and able to greet our clients with compassion and kindness in a non-judgmental way is essential. Experience in customer service and office work needed. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and bilingual, Spanish/English fluency strongly preferred.
If you are interested in learning more or signing up to volunteer, please email us at email@example.com.