At Catholic Charities of Boston, we’re fortunate to have many supporters, including dedicated and compassionate volunteers, donors and community partners who join us in our work delivering services to approximately 175,000 of our neighbors in need annually. We all share the same mission, to build a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
As the need in our communities keeps growing as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we need our supporters now more than ever to continue our life-changing work, ensuring that our neighbors in need have access to life’s basic necessities.
Are you interested in joining us in our mission of helping our community members in need across Eastern Massachusetts? There are plenty of ways to help.
- Make a monetary donation. Did you know that 1/3 of CCAB’s entire operating budget comes from donor support? Each donation goes directly to our programs to provide resources and assistance to those who need it most. When making a monetary gift, you’re able to select the program or location of your choice, or designate your gift to an area that is most in need. You can donate online via our secure server by clicking here: Donate Now. You can also donate over the phone by calling 781-380-4777 or by mailing a check to us at 275 West Broadway, South Boston, MA 02127. If interested, you can also sign up to donate on a monthly basis.Thank you for your support!
- Our five food pantries have seen a significant increase in demand since the onset of COVID-19 and since March, have distributed over 1.5 million lbs. of food to community members in need. In-kind gifts of shelf-stable food and toiletries are most welcome and appreciated as we work to keep up with this increased demand. If you can’t make it to a pantry in person, you’re able to send items via Amazon. Items needed include: diapers, personal hygiene items, formula, dry goods (pasta, cereal, granola bars, kid's snacks) and can be sent to Catholic Charities Yawkey Center, 185 Columbia Road Dorchester MA 02121. Grocery store gift cards are also accepted at our pantry locations and are a great way to support those in our communities who may be facing food insecurity.
- Donate your vehicle. You can support CCAB programs by donating a used car, truck, motorcycle or boat, even if they aren’t running. You will receive a tax benefit from the total sale and Catholic Charities will receive 80% of the net proceeds. Donating is easy, please click here for more information: Car Donation Program
- Volunteer your time. While the pandemic has changed the way that many of our programs operate, volunteers are still an essential piece of our operations and we look forward to a time when we can welcome all of our amazing volunteers back to help. For more information on the latest volunteer opportunities, you can visit www.ccab.org/volunteer
- Be on the lookout for upcoming events and opportunities. With the holiday season quickly approaching, our neighbors in need will be turning to us for assistance through the holidays and beyond, and we need your help to continue helping them.
Thank you for your generosity as we work together to support those most vulnerable members of our communities, we truly could not do it without you!